II. Become an Author
III. How To Sell Your Items
IV. How do payments of earning works
V. Author house-keeping
VI. Special Arrangements
Hi, we are Landofcoder, we are glad you want to become an author on our site.
Becoming our author is very easy. If you already a member and you've accepted our Market Term & Conditions. This is a term for the author (sellers). In order to become our author, you need to agree with our term and conditions. These terms and conditions help us control the relationships, right, and obligations of both authors and buyer. As an author on Landofcoder, you have the right as well as the responsibility to us and buyers. Please take your time to review our Terms and Conditions carefully.
When we mention " you", we refer to you, the author or the seller. Please read below information to know about your responsibilities and how you can sell products on Landofcoder.com
It is totally free to become an author and start selling your items on Landofcoder. But it will need a review process before your items are released. There are available instruction and resources that will help you get started easily. You will get more information about payment, submission requirements, the process of being an author and other important information on Author Guide Page
1. What you are providing:
- License: When you sell any item on Landofcoder, you are making your items available to download under some certain conditions. You are not selling the item itself, what you are actually selling is a license that a buyer and downloader can use that item.
- Item support:
You can choose to support or not support certain items. If you choose to support the item, it will be showed that on the item page. All items include support for the specific period of time. Moreover, the buyer can purchase extended support for their purchased items.
2. The total price for an item on Landofcoder Market
- Item Price: The item price includes a license fee and support fee(for supported items)
- Buyer Free: This is the free buyer need to pay for the service they get from us
- Handling Fee: In some transaction, the total price may include a handling fee ( shipping free)
- Taxes: Some transactions may require some taxes that are consisted of the list price and handling fee.
When you become an author, you can choose to sell the item exclusively on Landofcoder Market or sell your items elsewhere. As we mentioned before, the percentage of commission you get from each sale of your item will depend on your choices.
4. Earnings and author fee: When you sell your item on Landfocoder market, you will earn the item price that minus an author fee. The author fee is charged by Landofcoder for use our platform and services as an author. The author fee is determined by whether you sell your item exclusively on Landofcoder or sell items elsewhere too. The author fee you pay is set ou in the rates schedule. If there are changes we will post on Landofcoder Market
5. Set the prices of items:
We acknowledge how valuable your work, hence we let you set price for your items with the ongoing market rate. You can freely set price for your item. This means discussions about your pricing decisions are not permitted under any circumstances.
6. Review: WWhen you create an item for Landofcoder Market, you can submit the item, then we will check the quality of that item. We have rules about what item will be accepted and not accepted, You read more detail in the author-related Landofcoder Market. Moreover, we are always willing to receive your constructive feedbacks. Also, we will inform you the final results on whether your items are accepted or not.
7. Earning Payment
We will pay you the commission ( the price of the item minus the author fee). In order to do this for you, you authorize us to collect payments and to distribute your earning to you.
8. Thresholds: You will get payments of your earning when it reaches minimum threshold amount.
9. Earnings payment timing and methods
- We will hold the balance of earning until you request a payment. Or you can set up automatic payment requests. We will keep holding your earning until you request for withdrawal
10. When you request for payment, you will pay in the cycle as below: Withdrawals occur once a month, with a payout minimum of $50. In case you don't want to withdraw your earnings to buy items on Landofcoder Market.
11. You must provide us details and payment methods when you request earning
12. Potential deductions
a. Payment methods available for buyers to buy items involve payment agents that have their own standard terms and conditions regarding refunds, chargebacks, fees and unauthorized transactions (which we don’t control). If a Landofcoder transaction on an item is subject to payment agents’ refunds, chargeback, fees or unauthorized transactions, we may automatically deduct those amounts from your Landofcoder account.
b. You or we may also decide to issue a credit or refund to a buyer in certain circumstances involving issues with your item, or transactions that may be reversed for other reasons. If that happens, we reserve the right to deduct from your Landofcoder Market account any amount that would otherwise be payable to you.
13. Payment errors
We will continue to hold your earnings if we’re not able to pay your earnings to you for whatever reason, including if:
a. we do not have the correct payment details;
b. we can’t contact you using the contact details that you have supplied;
c. you have not made a request for payment; or
d. you are asking for payment to be made to a person, an institution or a country that we’re legally prohibited from making payments to, or where there are limitations in the banking systems.
14. Currency conversions
Whenever we make a payment to you as an author, you are responsible for all costs of converting the amount of the payment from US dollars into your preferred currency. Your financial institution does the currency conversion and may charge you additional fees (we don’t control either the conversion rates or your financial institution’s fees).
15. Holding earnings
If we decide that an item of yours does not comply with an applicable law or any of our rules or guidelines, including the Landofcoder Market Terms and these Author Terms, we can at our discretion disable the item or your membership. We may also hold any earnings on that item for up to two years and may release those held earnings during that period if we are satisfied that any dispute or issue about your item has been resolved.
16. Buying items
If you buy an item from the Landofcoder Market and can’t cover the cost of your Landofcoder credits, we’ll make up any difference out of any author earnings you have in your Landofcoder Market account.
a. As an author on Landofcoder Market, you are responsible for paying any taxes that apply.
b. If required by law, we may deduct or withhold taxes (including withholding tax) in connection with your being an author. If so, we will give you relevant documentation that's required by law about the deduction or withholding (like documentation allowing you to access rebates or credits, or to manage your tax affairs).
We will issue invoices (or in some cases tax invoices) for transactions between authors and buyers on Landofcoder Market.
Your promises and responsibilities:
19. As an author, you promise to us and each buyer of your items that:
a. the item is of acceptable quality and fit for the purpose for which it is 'sold';
b. the item matches the description given by you on the item preview page, as well as any item preview;
c. you will honor any express promises given to buyers that are not contained in the Landofcoder Market Terms;
d. you have rights necessary to license that item on the terms of the applicable license;
e. the buyer's use of that item in accordance with the terms of the applicable license does not infringe the intellectual property rights of someone else;
f. the item and its description are not false, inaccurate, misleading, fraudulent, unlawful or defamatory;
g. the item and its description do not violate any applicable law or regulation (including those governing export control, consumer protection, unfair competition, criminal law, pornography, anti-discrimination, trade practices or fair trading);
h. the item does not contain viruses or other computer codes, files or programs which are designed to limit or destroy the functionality of other computer software or hardware.
i. where relevant, you have the appropriate model or property release for your item and you can produce a copy of that model or property release when requested by us or a buyer of your item.
20. If you make your items available on Landofcoder Market for free, then the promises you make to buyers also apply to anyone who downloads your item from Landofcoder Market. In certain circumstances, we may also allow a buyer to purchase an item for another member, and in this case, you also agree that these promises apply to the member for whom the item is purchased.
21. You give an indemnity (legal protection) to and are liable to each buyer of your items as stated in sections 51-52 of the Landofcoder Market Terms.
22. As an author, you promise to us that:
a. you will not use Landofcoder Market to offer non-Landofcoder goods or services to buyers;
b. you will not buy your own items;
c. you will follow any author guidelines provided by us, act in good faith, and provide assistance and co-operation as we reasonably request;
d. information and documentation you give us (like your name and address) are accurate; and
e. where you have marked an item as 'supported', you will provide buyers of your item with support for the included support period and any support extension period purchased, unless we agree otherwise.
23. Buyers’ use of your item
We are not liable for any loss suffered by you as a result of a buyer or any other person making use of your item contrary to the Landofcoder Market Terms or the item’s license.
24. Other authors and affiliates’ use of your item
A Landofcoder affiliate can use your item thumbnail previews in their promotion of the Landofcoder Market and no compensation is due for these uses. A fellow author may also use a watermarked preview of your item in a preview of their own Landofcoder Market item without requiring your permission and without compensating you. The other author must credit you by providing a link to your item on the Landofcoder Market.
25. Our use of your item
We may use the whole or part of your items to promote Landofcoder. This promotional use may include use in public relations, emails, on a features page, or on other sites (e.g. social networks). No compensation is payable for these uses.
26. Item removal
We have the right to remove an item for any reason, using our reasonable discretion. For example, we may review the libraries to keep the Landofcoder Market fresh and full of quality items that meet the latest technical standards and market trends. Also, issues about an item might be brought to our attention such as errors, representations, or even violations. Our goal is always to address these situations with you constructively. We also aim to give you notice before an item is removed, but this is not always feasible or possible, so we can’t guarantee this. We will not be responsible for any loss that you may suffer as a result of your item being removed.
Personal information of members
27. In order to facilitate a transaction on Landofcoder Market, we may provide you with relevant buyer information and also may provide buyers with your relevant information (for example for invoicing or item support services). You agree that you will keep buyer information confidential and only use this information for that Landofcoder Market transaction.
28. If over and above what Landofcoder provides you with, a member voluntarily provides you with (or your item accesses or uses) usernames, passwords or other personal information of the member (personal information), you must:
a. provide a privacy notice, making the member aware of their personal information that you will receive and how you will handle that information;
b. obtain the member’s permission to use their personal information;
c. use the personal information only for the limited purposes for which the member gave permission; and
d. meet any privacy and spam law requirements that apply to you.
Special deals and promotions
29. Sometimes we might negotiate volume sales or other arrangements with buyers as part of creating business development opportunities for authors (special deals). In order for us to make this possible you give us permission to negotiate special deals. We might also offer pricing promotions to Landofcoder Market buyers. Generally, this will be covered by our setting of prices (see section 12 – Setting the prices of items). In some cases, if pricing promotions involve a change in the author fee or licensing terms, then it is a special promotion and the following sections are relevant.
30. Given the nature of special deals, the prices of your items under the special deal may vary from the advertised item price. This means that your earnings on the sale of your items in a special deal may not always be determined by reference to the advertised price of your item on the Landofcoder Market. Given the nature of special deals and special promotions, the author fee may differ for special deals or special promotions.
31. Given the nature of special deals, the prices of your items under the special deal may vary from the advertised item price. This means that your earnings on the sale of your items in a special deal may not always be determined by reference to the advertised price of your item on the Landofcoder Market. Given the nature of special deals and special promotions, the author fee may differ for special deals or special promotions.
32. Special deals and special promotions might also involve you entering supplementary licensing arrangements to allow the buyer to use your item in particular ways. If these supplementary licenses are substantially different from the standard Landofcoder Market licenses, you will also have the opportunity to opt out of participating in the special deal or special promotion within the time frame we set out when we make the offer to you.
You will always have the option of opting out of any special deal or special promotion if it involves a change to the author fee. We decide the other details like pricing.
Nothing in these terms is to be construed as constituting a partnership, joint venture, employment or agency relationship between you and us. Neither you nor we can act on behalf of the other in any way. However, you appoint us as your limited agent only for these specific purposes:
a. for receiving Buy Now payments from buyers (the buyer's obligation to pay you for an item will be met when they make a Buy Now payment to us);
b. for passing on your promises to buyers;
c. for limiting your liability to buyers.
Author: a member who makes items available for sale on Landofcoder Market.
Author fee is what you are charged by Landofcoder for use of our platform and services as an author.
Buyer fee: the fee for the services buyers get from Landofcoder like 24/7 buyer support, fraud protection, item quality control and other related buyers services.
Item price: the price a buyer pays for an item as detailed in section 9.
Item support: the support provided by you to buyers of items you choose to support, as detailed in the item support policy.
List price: the price you see on an item page on Landofcoder Market and is made up of the item price and buyer fee.
Go forth and author!
We’re very glad you’ve made it to the end of this important document.
We wish you all the very best in selling your items on the Landofcoder Market.